10.05.12 Stijn’s paper published in ACS catalysis. Congratulations!
Mechanistic Insights into the Kinetic and Regiochemical Control of the Thiol-Promoted Catalytic Synthesis of Diphenolic Acid
10.31.12 Helen’s paper published in ACS catalysis. Congratulations!
Synthesis and catalytic activity of Sn-MFI Nanosheets for the Baeyer-Villiger oxidation of cyclic ketones
10.28.12 to 11.02.12 William and Yuran presented at AIChE in Pittsburgh!
10.09.12 William and Yuran’s paper published in Nature Communications. Congratulations!
Sn-Beta zeolites with borate salts catalyse the epimerization of carbohydrates via an intramolecular carbon shift
Read the news article covering this work in the MIT news page
09.10.12 We welcome our new members: Dr. Tarit Nimmananwudipong and Dr. Balkrishna Tope
09.08.12 Yuriy lectures at the 2012 PIRE-ECCI Summer School at the DICP in Dalian, China
07.30.12 We welcome our new member: Dr. Stijn van de Vyer (July, 2012)
07.28.12 William and Helen present posters at the ZMPC conference in Hiroshima, Japan
5.25.2012 – Mark’s paper is published in Biofuels, Bioproducts, and Biorefining (2012)
5.20.2012 – Yuriy’s paper with Prof. Mark Davis appears in PNAS!
“Gold supported on nanocrystalline metal oxides as highly effective catalysts for the oxidation of glucose under base-free conditions”
MIT-ITQ Valencia Collaboration on High-Throughput Methodology for the Synthesis of Catalytic Porous Materials
We receive MISTI-Global grant award for a collaboration between:
- Mircea Dinca, Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- Yuriy Roman, Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
- Avelino Corma, Professor, Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica de Valencia, Spain
We welcome our new members – Sean, Helen, and Karthik
- Sean is from West Chester, Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia. He is interested in the development of electrocatalytic materials for renewable energy applications.
- Helen grew up in Seattle, Washington, and enjoys swimming, snowboarding, playing the violin, and drawing. She went to the California Institute of Technology where she received her B.S. in Chemical Engineering, and is excited to start research on zeolites at MIT.
- Karthik joins us from the California Institute of Technology