- Stijn’s paper published in ACS Catalysis. Congratulations!!
- Helen’s paper published in ACS Catalysis. Congratulations!!
- William and Yuran presented at AIChE in Pittsburgh.
- William and Yuran’s paper published in Nature Communications. Congrats!!!
- Welcome to our new group members Tarit and Balkrishna!
- Yuriy lectures at the 2012 PIRE-ECCI Summer School in DICP in Dalian, China (Sept, 2012)
- Welcome to our new group member Dr. Stijn Van de Vyver!
Welcome to the Yuriy Román Research Group!
The focus of our research lies at the interface of heterogeneous catalysis and materials design. We apply a wide range of synthetic, spectroscopic, and reaction engineering tools to study the chemical transformation of molecules on catalytic surfaces. A strong emphasis is placed on the nanoscale fabrication of catalytic sites by controlling and manipulating the structure of the material. Research projects are aimed at addressing current issues in and tackling relevant problems associated with alternative energy, renewable chemicals, and novel catalyst design.
- Heterogeneous catalysis
- Renewable energy and materials
- Biomass conversion
- Design of functional nanomaterials